Obsidian - Jennifer L. Armentrout (Lux #1)


Starting over sucks.
When we moved to West Virginia right before my senior year, I'd pretty much resigned myself to thick accents, dodgy internet access, and a whole lot of boring.... until I spotted my hot neighbor, with his looming height and eerie green eyes. Things were looking up.
And then he opened his mouth.
Daemon is infuriating. Arrogant. Stab-worthy. We do not get along. At all. But when a stranger attacks me and Daemon literally freezes time with a wave of his hand, well, something...unexpected happens. 
The hot alien living next door marks me.
You heard me. Alien. Turns out Daemon and his sister have a galaxy of enemies wanting to steal their abilities, and Daemon's touch has me lit up like the Vegas Strip. The only way I'm getting out of this alive is by sticking close to Daemon until my alien mojo fades. 
If I don't kill him first, that is.


Review

Holy Sweet Aliens, please take me to your hot land of attractive creatures! I need to start the second one ASAP thats how addictive the book was. It was so entertaining and just so GOOD. The characters reminded me a little bit of the Twilight characters but way better and sassier. The story was so captivating, it had me from the first page and that rarely happens with me. I loved it even though I didn't think I would. 

When I first heard about Obsidian I thought it would be really cheesy and, since I have not read any books about aliens in the past (apart from evil aliens from The 5th Wave), I didn't really know how to approach it. But to be completely honest, it was so entertaining and I loved everything about it, from the town they lived in to the really cool abilities all the aliens had. I was literally not expecting such a 'suck me in' story, it was never boring it was like a roller coaster and it just kept going, the characters were developed so well in this instalment. I was so surprised with the book, kudos to you Jennifer Armentrout!

Firstly I loved all the characters they just draw you in so much, Katy from the first page I kind of connected with her since she has an obsession with books and she had a blog and from what I gathered she did book hauls and it was just so cute. I loved the fact that she didn't get intimidated by Daemon and has her own mind. I really liked her relationship with all of the characters and how she carried herself with Daemon, I just wanted so more when the book ended! You kind of related and understand all their emotions and I loved the bonus material which included Daemon's point of view and it was so interesting and I completely understood what he was feeling.

I pictured Daemon as Chace Crawford but with green eyes and just hot dayum. I really admired that he was looking after his sister a lot and even though pushing Katy away and saying so many unnecessary rude things to her was just out of order, I think in a way he was doing what's best for all of them and it was cute how over protective he was. And then it was the sass and the cockiness and overall he was just so funny and did I mention attractive.

I absolutely loved the back and forth banter between the two main characters, it was so entertaining and all of the characters played their part so well, even the insignificant ones. Everything was so balanced, there was enough amount of drama, action, humour and love to the story, everything was spot on. The story held its own and I loved that about it (even though small parts reminded me of twilight but it wasn't the whole story so itS OKAY).

I loved all the characters but if I had to pick a favourite it would probably be Daemon just because of his sassy comments. I seriously wasn't expecting such a good book out of it since many people compared it to twilight, but I genuinely think it was soo good.  

If you've thought of picking this up but you're scared since its compared to twilight a lot, DO IT I JUST ITS SO GOOD OMG. I could not put it down, I enjoyed it so much and I cant even focus on a different book at the minute because I'm so excited for the next one(hence no review for vampire academy). It was such a crazy ride but sweet at the same time and I just love all the characters so much sob Onyx hurry up and arrive hahah.


No comments: